Artist statement and idea

Took me awhile to figure out exactly what I wanted to do for this project. When thinking about 'The cyclical nature of things' I kept thinking about routine. Routine made me think about my exact morning and daily routine. However, showing someone my personal routine might not be something others could relate to since everyone has vastly different daily routines. So then I started to think about what aspect of my daily routine can almost everyone relate to. Then I thought about going to bed and waking up every morning. So that is how I came to making this project about the bed and how you always go back to your bed. And using the bed as a metaphor for sleep and the sleep cycle.  How the usage of your bed is like a cycle. You go to bed every night, wake up in the morning, take a nap during the day, and then back to bed every night. I believe that cycle of sleep is one of the only things everyone one on earth can relate to no matter where and who you are. And I want to use the bed to  emphasize this.

Comments

  1. Your concept definitely makes sense for the "cyclical nature of things" theme. Maybe incorporating the sun rising and setting would add to the theme of the cycles of waking up and going to sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cool way to represent a cycle for sure. You could do a mirrored theme too, one side waking up and the other side going to bed?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment